This unique, show-stopping pendant with its bold, organic form is wearable sculpture for the person who wants to make a real statement. Its sinuous biomorphic curves and twists combine with a hammered texture, semi-matte finish and subtly glittering edges to stunning effect. Jewellery for the big occasion!
- Hangs from a 45cm/18” sterling silver snake chain, 3mm thick.
- The pendant measures 5.5cm x 4cm.
- Made by the technique of anticlastic raising which makes it both strong and amazingly light.
- This is a one-off piece created especially for the Digital Craft Festival, November 13th-14th 2021. As I have only just finished it, I will need to send it for hallmarking, so anyone who orders it will need to make a special arrangement with me as my shop can't cope with timescales longer than a week between receiving an order and despatching the piece.
- Keep it looking its best using this simple method.
- Designed and made by me in my Hove studio.
This pendant came out of a desire to challenge myself – and it has done just that. I wanted to see how far I could push my skill at anticlastic raising, which produces curling, twisting forms. In particular, I wanted to see if I could make something more complex and more intricately intertwined than my Forget-me-Knot range. The Tentacular pendant which resulted has gone through several iterations, but the idea originally came from my longstanding love of marine invertebrates, especially cephalopods – hence the name.
This is a piece to wear on the grandest stage, when you really want to shine. It would make a great gift for a once-in-a-lifetime celebration.
I offer free gift wrapping in my shop – select the option below the product details at the checkout. I post all orders free of charge by tracked services and will email you with the tracking details. Non-UK customers are responsible for paying any extra taxes, duties or delivery charges.
If there is anything more you would like to know about this or any of my jewellery, please get in touch via the email form on my Contact Me page.